Sunday, January 15, 2006

Why did this irritate me?!

We were at the ILs last night, and it was like... 10.30pm and i was sooo tired cuz of my cleaning yesterday. And MIL decides its time to discuss baby names. Chris has now picked his baby name (Isabel) and I told him we couldnt tell people what the name was before the baby was born. A few weeks ago we decided on Mary. I found out last night that Chris had told his mother, who then said she hated it, which is why he suddenly turned to hate it. So theres Chris wanting to tell everyone his girls name. And theres MIL yelling at him to tell her. GRRRR! Anyway, Chris said that he needed help with boys names. So MIL demands we have an Irish name. Apparently Ive "married into a deeply Irish culture". WHATEVER! that DOESNT mean I have to have an Irish name. So they're all coming out with stuff like Podrig and Finbar and goodness knows what else. I was repulsed to say the least. Like its up to them anyway?! So theres his mum saying "It has to be Finn or Ethan". NO IT DOESNT! its nothing to do with you what I name my child. You just dont understand how PUSHY she was being. And I was repeatedly asking Chris if we could go home because I was tired, and he'd say YEA and then ignore me. I didnt get home til about midnight! GRRRRR!!!! And because I was "getting upset" about people telling me what to name my child and demanding to know what girls name we have, Chris decided to inform me that he chose Isaac as a boys name to surprise me, but he wont now! because i didnt like his mothesr name choices. does he not see how pushy she is. and she still waffles on about my "american cult" ... ERM... P*SS OFF!!!!

No comments: