Saturday, February 04, 2006

Tricia's Day...

so i wake up with a headache. not too bad. but i called L&D because the fact that i hadnt been to my appointment worried me. i just assumed they'd check me over and send me home, so chris dropped me at the hospital at 9am, but i told him there was no need for him to come in with me because he had errands to run, and he could get them done then come pick me back up again.

My BP was fine, no protien either, but it did look as though i had a UTI, so they sent off a specimin. They said they'd monitor the babys heartrate for 20 mins or so, and then I could get home...

Well they began the monitoring, and i lay there, mightly tired as the headache had kept me awake, so i even got to nap while this was going on. about half an hour later, the midwife came in to check, and asked whether or not i could feel these contractions... I said I could feel they were there but they werent painful. but she looked and said they were 11 mins apart exactly, and she'd like to examine me...

So off with the knickers....

"the babys head is low.... very low.... im going to have to go behind the head... cervix is paper thin.... membranes are buldging.... and.... you're a good 5cm!"

"REALLY?!"

So she tells me she'll send me up to the ward when I can have a nice bath and either wait for my waters to break or wait til the contractions were a little closer, as I wasnt in any discomfort so there was no need for the waters to be broken then.

Well basically... I am now home! I thought I'd wait it out here instead, where I can run up and down the stairs as much as I like, and have as many baths as I like, and maybe even attempt a bit of sex... but yea... Im in labour! WOO HOO!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! I didn't win but that's okay I can't wait to hear the good news!